Collection Procedures Policy
It is the policy of New Tampa Surgery Center to apply collection procedures consistently and fairly to all patients as well as maintaining a courteous working relationship before, during and after the collection process has been completed.
- Patients are responsible for understanding their insurance coverage and for paying their patient responsibility.
- As a courtesy to the patient, New Tampa Surgery Center will bill the patient’s insurance carrier upon completion of their procedure.
- Any outstanding monies due after the patient’s insurance carrier has paid and deemed patient responsibility will be billed to the patient.
- The patient will be informed of his/her patient responsibility in the form of a patient statement generated on a monthly basis.
- If a patient has additional financial responsibilities after the final insurance claim has been process (other than what was collected pre procedure), it is the policy of New Tampa Surgery Center to send one or more bills to the patient.
- If a patient informs the surgery center that he/she is not able to fully pay his/her responsibility, other credit programs which allow monthly payments will be offered to the patient.
- If the account is not paid by the due date on the patient statement and after the third monthly statement has been mailed, New Tampa Surgery Center will attempt a courtesy call to the patient in order to collect payment in full.
If the payment in full is not made within 24 hours, the collector will forward the account to the Business Office Manager for review and approval to be referred to an outside collection agency